These taco stuffed avocados are the perfect meal prep vegan recipe! With a spiced quinoa lentil filling that's easy to make, they come together in just a few minutes.
This post is sponsored by Del Monte. All opinions are our own.
Meal prepping is useful for anyone. We need to prep more to stay on track with healthy, regular eating on busy days. If you work in an office, have busy mornings and/or want to eat out less, meal prepping is the way to go. There are infinite ways to get creative with lunch, especially. It doesn't have to be roasted veggies, some kind of protein, and a plain banana. Exhibit A: Taco Stuffed Avocados.
These Taco Stuffed Avocados are an easy meal prep recipe that you'll be excited to eat (although who are we kidding, I'm always excited to eat!). We packed the flavorful vegan taco filling with protein and healthy fats from quinoa and walnuts. Simply make a batch of the filling, pack it up along with a ripe avocado, and come lunch, you can assemble everything in about 60 seconds!
I think we can all agree that the best part of this taco recipe is the avocado, right? We're excited to be partnering with Del Monte Fresh Produce to share this recipe featuring their avocados. See photo evidence below for how perfect they are! Their creamy texture is the ideal healthy vehicle for our vegan taco filling.
We've been using a lot of Del Monte avocados lately. In sandwiches, dips, a lightened version of chocolate mousse, on top of these nachos (my fave!) and of course, to make huge batches of guacamole that we eat in one sitting.
What's your favorite way to use avocados? We'll always love the humble (yet often overcomplicated) avocado toast, but it's so much more versatile than that. If you've never tried adding half of a ripe avocado to your smoothie, do it tomorrow and thank us later.
Such a great way to get an extra boost of satiating, healthy fats and a perfectly creamy texture.
If you'd like to keep it simple, the filling and avocado in this recipe are great on their own, and still count as vegan taco stuffed avocados. We also love adding pickled red onion, tomatoes (or salsa), fresh herbs, and occasionally a dollop of vegan sour cream.
However you enjoy these taco stuffed avocados, we hope they inspire you to get creative with your meal prep!Print
These Vegan Taco Stuffed Avocados are the perfect example of an easy recipe that's suited for meal prep and will actually make you excited to eat lunch!
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- ⅓ cup diced onion
- 1 cup quinoa, rinsed and cooked in 2 cups vegetable broth according to package directions
- ½ cup chopped walnuts
- 1 additional cup vegetable broth for quinoa walnut mixture
- 1 tbsp tomato paste
- 1 tbsp chili powder
- ¾ tsp salt
- ¾ tsp dried oregano
- ¼ tsp paprika
- 1/4 tsp ground black pepper
- ½ tsp ground cumin
- 1/2 tsp lemon juice
- ½ tsp agave
- 2-4 Del Monte Fresh Avocados
- For topping: sliced tomatoes or salsa, pickled red onion, green onion, cilantro, vegan sour cream, etc.
- Cook quinoa in vegetable broth according to package directions.
- In a sauté pan, heat oil over medium heat. Add onion and sauté 5 minutes, until softened.
- Add remaining ingredients to pan (including cooked quinoa and additional 1 cup broth) and let simmer until broth has reduced.
- To assemble avocado boats, carefully sliced avocado in half, remove pit, and scoop out a little bit of avocado to make the hole slightly wider. Fill with taco filling, top with sliced tomatoes or salsa, herbs, vegan sour cream, cheese, etc.
- If you plan on making this ahead of time and bring to work for lunch, pack the filling in a separate container and don’t slice the avocado until ready to eat. Enjoy!
- Category: Lunch
- Method: Stovetop
- Cuisine: Meal prep
Keywords: taco stuffed avocados