We absolutely adore this roasted eggplant carrot tahini dip. It’s smoky, slightly sweet, and nutty, thanks to a plentiful addition of tahini. Then, fresh parsley, pomegranate seeds and a drizzle of olive oil brighten it up. Plus, they have the added bonus of making this dip look absolutely gorgeous, right?!
Ultimately, this dip makes a lovely addition to any holiday appetizer spread. Or, try it with fresh pita or toasted bread – yum! For our tips on creating the perfect appetizer platter, see here. And finally, don’t forget to show us photos of your beautiful appetizer creations! Tag us @crowded_kitchen on Instagram.Print
Slightly smoky, sweet, nutty – this dip has it all!
- 1 medium eggplant
- 3 large carrots
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 cup tahini
- 4 cloves garlic (roasted, preferably)
- 1 tbsp harissa powder
- 1 tbsp pomegranate molasses
- 1 tbsp freshly parsley
- 2 tbsp freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1/2 tsp smoked paprika
- 1/2 tsp salt
- Black pepper
- 1/2 cup water
- Preheat oven to 375 F.
- Slice eggplant in half lengthwise. Score the eggplant and scoop out the flesh using a spoon. Wash and peel carrots and slice into equal sized rounds. Drizzle eggplant and carrot with olive oil, put on sheet tray and roast 20-25 minutes, or until fork tender and slightly browned.
- Remove from oven and let cool. Add all ingredients except water to food processor or high speed blender. Blend until all ingredients are well combined. Slowly stream in water while blending until it reaches desired consistency.
- Garnish with fresh parsley, pomegranate seeds and a drizzle of olive oil and serve with fresh vegetables, crackers, pits, etc.
If you can’t find pomegranate molasses, we suggest leaving it out altogether instead of using a replacement.