A slightly sweet, nutty tahini dressing pairs perfectly with roasted squash, refreshing greens and bright pomegranate seeds!
- 1 large acorn squash
- 1 1/2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp sea salt
- Black pepper
- 4 cups fresh arugula
- 1/4 cup pomegranate seeds
- 1/3 cup tahini
- 2 tbsp warm water
- 2 tsp maple syrup
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tbsp freshly squeezed orange juice
- 3/4 tsp sea salt
- Preheat oven to 375 F.
- Slice squash (carefully) in half lengthwise. Place flat side down and slice into half moons.
- Toss with olive oil, salt & pepper and roast on baking sheet for 35-40 minutes, or until slightly browned and tender. (We leave ours in the oven closer to 40 minutes, as we like a slightly crispy edge.
- While squash is roasting, toss arugula lightly with a bit of olive oil, salt and pepper. Let sit to absorb flavors.
- In a small bowl, whisk together ingredients for tahini dressing. If the texture begins to clump and thicken up, you may need to blend in a food processor. Typically, a small amount of warm water also helps loosen the sauce up!
- Arrange arugula on platter. Top with acorn squash, drizzle liberally with tahini dressing, and finish with fresh pomegranate seeds.