- 3 oz tequila blanco
- 4 oz Raspberry Rhubarb Mix
- 2 oz lime juice
- Salt for the rim (optional)
- Rhubarb ribbons for garnish
- 1/2 cup fresh rhubarb, roughly chopped
- 1/2 cup fresh or frozen raspberries
- 3/4 cup water
- 2 tbsp maple syrup or agave nectar
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- Squeeze of fresh lemon juice
- In a saucepan, combine all ingredients and bring to a boil, stirring occasionally.
- Reduce heat and let simmer for 10 minutes. When rhubarb has softened, mash with the back of a wooden spoon or with a potato masher.
- Remove from heat and let cool.
- Strain liquid through a fine sieve or cheesecloth/nut milk bag.
- Refrigerate leftover syrup in an airtight container for up to a week.
For the cocktail:
- Lightly rim your glasses with a slice of lime and dip the rims in salt to coat evenly.
- Combine tequila, raspberry rhubarb mix and lime juice in a cocktail shaker with some ice and shake for 10 seconds or until well combined. You can all pour into a large pitcher and stir vigorously to distribute flavors.
- Pour over crushed ice, and garnish with rhubarb ribbons (peeled thinly with a standard vegetable peeler). Enjoy!