These peanut butter sandwich cookies are decadent, rich, and completely vegan and gluten free!
Peanut Butter Cookies:
- 1/2 cup smooth peanut butter
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup gluten free all purpose flour
- 2 tbsp almond flour
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 4 tbsp almond milk
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- pinch of salt
Chocolate Coconut Buttercream Filling:
- 1/2 cup coconut cream (refrigerate can of full fat coconut milk overnight, and then without shaking the can, scoop out the layer of thick cream that forms on top)
- 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
- 2 tbsp powdered sugar
- 2 tbsp cocoa powder
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- In a medium size mixing bowl, cream the peanut butter and brown sugar at medium speed until no lumps are left.
- Add the vanilla and maple syrup and continue mixing at medium speed.
- Add the remaining cookie ingredients and mix until well incorporated.
- Scoop cookie dough onto parchment paper lined baking sheet.
- Press lightly with a fork to flatten.
- Bake for 11-13 mins, or until lightly browned.
- Remove from oven and let cool for 2 mins before transferring to cooling rack.
- Let cool completely before making cookie sandwiches!
- While cookies are baking, whip chilled coconut cream in small mixing bowl until a whipped cream texture forms.
- Add the peanut butter, sugar and cocoa powder and whip until smooth.
- Transfer to a small plastic bag and cut a small hole in one corner of the bag.
- Pipe desired amount onto one cookie, and use other cookie to form a sandwich.