Is there anything better than a giant peanut butter chocolate chip skillet cookie (topped with ice cream)?
- 1 cup smooth peanut butter
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 1/4 cup gluten free all purpose flour
- 1/4 cup almond flour
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 1/2 cup almond milk
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 6 oz dark chocolate chunks
- Preheat oven to 350 F. Line a 10-inch cast iron skillet with parchment paper.
- In a medium mixing bowl, cream peanut butter, sugar, maple syrup, vanilla and almond milk with hand or stand mixer until creamy and smooth.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together gf flour and almond flour, baking powder and salt. Add to wet mixture and beat until well incorporated.
- Use a spatula to stir in chocolate chunks. Transfer to skillet and use a spatula to smooth out batter. Sprinkle a few extra chocolate chunks on top (optional).
- Bake for 35 minutes, or until golden brown around edges.
- Let cool 10 minutes before slicing. Enjoy with a scoop of vanilla ice cream!
The creamier the peanut butter, the better in this recipe.