We love this twist on a panzanella salad using our favorite summer produce and gluten free toasted bread!
- 8 slices Canyon Gluten Free Heritage Style Whole Grain Bread
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 ripe peaches
- ½ cup roma tomatoes, diced
- ½ cup cucumber, diced
- 1/2 ripe avocado
- ½ cup blueberries
- 1 cup arugula
White Wine Vinaigrette:
- ½ cup olive oil
- 3 tbsp white wine vinegar
- 1 ½ tsp minced shallots
- 1 ½ tsp honey or agave
- ½ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp freshly cracked black pepper
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- Slice bread into quarters. Toss with 1 tbsp of olive oil + a bit of salt and pepper. Bake for 15 minutes, then flip slices and return to oven for 10 minutes, or until golden and crispy. Remove from oven and let cool.
- Meanwhile, slice peaches, tomatoes, cucumber and avocado. Add to a bowl with blueberries, arugula and toasted bread.
- Whisk all vinaigrette ingredients until well incorporated.
- Toss salad with a few tbsps of the vinaigrette (you can always add more if desired). Garnish with fresh basil. Enjoy!
Feel free to substitute peaches for nectarines or apricots!