You can use this base recipe and swap out fresh peaches for just about any fresh fruit – we love using raspberries and strawberries!
- 1 cup fresh young thai coconut, cut into 1 inch pieces
- 1 cup cashews, soaked for 2–3 hours
- 1 capsule of acidophilus powder
- water for blending
- 1 1/4 cup fresh peaches, chopped
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tbsp vanilla bean extract
- 2 –2 1/2 tbsp raw honey or agave
- 4 medium basil leaves, chopped
- 3/4 tsp lemon juice
- 1/8 tsp salt
- After opening your coconut*, make sure to wash and clean the meat well, cutting away any pieces of the inner shell.
- Blend coconut meat and cashews well, adding water for consistency. You will need to stop your blender several times to scrape the coconut cashew mixture off of the sides of the blender. Once it is nice and creamy, add your acidophilus powder and blend for 8-10 seconds until it is well incorporated.
- Put your yogurt in a glass bowl and cover with a towel, and then put in a dehydrator for 10-12 hours at 85 degrees Fahrenheit. The yogurt will develop a harder shell on the top.
- We usually just re-blend it when we add in spices and flavorings. You can, however, remove it if you wish.
- Add the remaining ingredients and blend until smooth and creamy. Top with your favorite fresh fruits, granola, chopped nuts, coconut flakes, etc.
*Here is a great video for learning how to safely open young coconuts.