Salted caramel crunchy chickpeas make for the perfect base for this creamy vegan pumpkin cheesecake!
Salted Caramel Chickpea Crust:
- 2/3 cup Saffron Road Salted Caramel Crunchy Chickpeas
- 2/3 cup pecans
- 3/4 tsp cinnamon
- 4 tsp agave
- 2 1/2 tbsp cashew butter
Vegan Pumpkin Cheesecake Filling:
- 1 cup raw, unsalted cashews, soaked 2 hours in room temp water
- 1 cup pureed pumpkin
- 3 tbsp maple syrup
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 4 tsp lemon juice
- 2 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- 1/8 tsp sea salt
- 3 tbsp melted coconut oil
- Add pecans and crunchy chickpeas to food processor. Pulse until you have a crumbly mixture.
- Add in cinnamon, agave, and cashew butter and process until mixture sticks together when pressed between fingers.
- Press crust into bottom and sides of 4 1/2 inch tart pan and put in freezer while making filling.
- Blend cashews, pumpkin, maple syrup, vanilla, lemon juice, pumpkin pie spice and sea salt. Blend until smooth and creamy.
- Slowly drizzle melted coconut oil in and blend until it is well incorporated.
- Pour filling into crust and smooth with spatula. Freeze for 1-2 hours or until filling is solidified.
- Soften at room temp for 10 min before serving. Serve with coconut whipped cream, vegan caramel and more Saffron Road Salted Caramel Crunchy Chickpeas!