This is a pretty strong cocktail – proceed with caution!
- 2 oz cachaça
- 1/2 of a lime (quartered)
- 2 scant bar spoons of granulated sugar
- 1/2 of a peeled kiwi (quartered)
- 3–4 fresh mint leaves
- Add lime and sugar to a large glass. Muddle until sugar slightly dissolves (about 10 seconds).
- Add quartered kiwi and continue muddling until kiwi is broken down.
- Add mint leaves and muddle gently for a few seconds – be careful not to bruise the mint as it will become bitter. (Read blog post for more info.)
- Add cachaça and a few cubes of ice. Stir for about 15 seconds and transfer to drinking glass.
We prefer to serve this in a chilled glass and remove the ice cubes as to avoid watering it down! To quickly chill a glass, put it in the freezer for 15 minutes prior to serving.