Cascadian Farm Organic Mirepoix Blend gets this Vegan Minestrone Soup off to a great start! Perfect for a chilly fall or winter weeknight dinner.
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 bag (10 oz) Cascadian Farm Organic Mirepoix Blend
- 1 tbsp minced garlic
- 2 cups butternut or acorn squash, peeled and diced
- 1 cup yellow squash or zucchini
- 2 cups Yukon Gold potatoes, diced
- 6 cups vegetable broth
- 1 can (15 oz) fire roasted diced tomatoes
- 1 tbsp tomato paste
- ¼ cup fresh parsley, chopped
- 1 tbsp fresh sage, chopped
- 1 tbsp fresh thyme, chopped
- 3 sprigs rosemary, finely chopped
- 1 tsp salt
- ¼ tsp pepper
- ¼ tsp red pepper flakes
- 1 can (15 oz) kidney beans
- 4 cups chopped lacinato kale
- 1 box (8oz) gluten free pasta shells, cooked according to package directions
- Heat a large stock pot to medium and add olive oil. When heated, add entire bag of Cascadian Farm Organic Mirepoix mix. Stir and sauté until softened, about 5 minutes.
- Add minced garlic, stir and cook for 2 minutes.
- Add diced squash and potatoes, stir and cook for a minute or two. Add tomato pasta and tomatoes, stir to coat. Add all vegetable broth, salt, pepper and herbs and bring to a boil. Reduce heat, cover and let simmer about 40 minutes, or until vegetables are mostly softened.
- Add drained and rinsed kidney beans and kale. Stir and let simmer for additional 10-15 minutes. Add cooked pasta before serving. Enjoy!
You can use pretty much any squash you can find!