These crostini are topped with a refreshing strawberry, avocado and cucumber salsa dressed in a lime vinaigrette. The perfect two-bite appetizer for summer entertaining!
- 1 baguette, sliced thinly
- Olive oil
- 1 cup diced strawberries
- 1 cup diced cucumber
- 1 cup diced avocado
- 1 cup of baby arugula
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp lime juice (freshly squeezed)
- 1/2 tbsp agave, maple syrup or honey
- 1/8 tsp salt
- Pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 350˚F.
- Slice baguette into thin rounds and brush each side with olive oil. Bake for about 15 minutes, until lightly golden brown on each side. Remove from oven and let cool.
- Meanwhile, whisk together lime juice, olive oil, agave, salt and pepper in a medium-sized bowl. Add in strawberries, avocado, cucumber and arugula and toss well to coat.
- Using a spoon, top each crostini with salsa and serve.
If not eating right away, store the salsa separately and assemble right before serving.
You could also use peaches, cherries, mango, apricots, or pretty much any other summer fruit in the salsa!
Keywords: crostini with strawberry avocado salsa