Crispy on the exterior, fluffy and delicious on the interior – this is the ultimate potato side dish! Serve with a dipping sauce of your choice.
- 1 1/2 lbs. baby potatoes (of any variety)
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- Salt + pepper to taste
- Optional: 1 tbsp fresh chopped herbs (rosemary, thyme, parsley, sage, etc) and grated parmesan (vegan or regular)
- Preheat oven to 425 F.
- Bring water and a large pinch of salt to a boil in a large pot. Add washed potatoes and boil until fork tender – about 15-20 minutes.
- Drain potatoes and transfer to a parchment paper lined baking sheet. Using a fork or the bottom of a clean cup, gently smash each potato.
- Brush each potato liberally with olive oil, salt and pepper.
- Roast for 20 minutes. After 20 minutes, add herbs and cheese (if adding) and return to oven for additional 7-10 minutes, or until potatoes are golden brown and crispy.
To smash the boiled potatoes, we suggest using the bottom of a clean cup. It smashes more evenly than using a fork, and it’s easier to apply pressure!