We’re all about classic Christmas cookies (and we’ve sure developed plenty of cookie recipes this year!), but sometimes it’s nice to have an alternative dessert option that brings some different flavors to the table. These vegan + gluten free coconut lime and raspberry cheesecake bars have a nutty macadamia + coconut crust and a luscious, tangy coconut lime + raspberry filling that may just transport you to a tropical island. That reminds me…these would be fantastic paired with this coconut lime rum cocktail!
We’re excited to partner with Edward & Sons Trading Co. to bring you this recipe! Edward & Sons is the parent company of a number of popular vegetarian/vegan/gluten free brands that we all know and love, including Let’s Do Organic and Native Forest – two brands that we use often in our recipes.
For this recipe, we used a few of our favorite Let’s Do Organic products: organic shredded coconut, organic heavy coconut cream, and organic sweetened condensed coconut milk! One of our favorite products we’ve tried from their family of companies are these gluten free/vegan chocolate wafer rolls – they are SO good and exactly like the ones I used to eat as a kid!
On to this recipe…we played around with a few different concepts for this recipe but landed on easy-to-serve cheesecake bars, which are always a hit in our family. To make them a bit more festive, we divided the cheesecake filling in half and added raspberries to one half for a gorgeous, tangy pink/red. We also topped these with homemade dehydrated lime slices, which is totally optional – we just like how it looks (and we had lots of leftover lime!).
Can you guys believe Christmas is in less than two weeks?! If you haven’t started planning your menu yet, we highly suggest adding these in. You can make them up to a week ahead of time, as long as you store in an airtight container in the freezer!Print
A macadamia nut crust pairs perfectly with coconut, lime and raspberry for a delicious vegan treat!
- 1 1/2 cups unsalted macadamia nuts
- 1 cup Let’s Do Organic Shredded Coconut
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 3 tbsp agave
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 tsp lime zest
- 1/2 tsp coconut extract (optional)
- 3 cups raw, unsalted cashews, soaked in room temp water for 2 hours
- 2/3 cup Let’s Do Organic Heavy Coconut Cream
- 1 can Let’s Do Organic Sweetened Condensed Coconut Milk
- 1/4 cup + 1 tbsp lime juice
- 1 tbsp lime zest
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 tbsp agave
- 1/2 tsp coconut extract
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 4 tbsp coconut oil, melted
- 3/4 cup frozen raspberries
- Pulse macadamia nuts and coconut flakes in a food processor until they form a crumbly mixture.
- Add salt, agave, vanilla, lime zest and coconut extract. Pulse until combined and mixture comes together.
- Line a 9×9 pan with parchment paper and press mixture into pan in an even layer. Freeze for 30 minutes while making filling.
- Blend cashews, coconut cream, condensed coconut milk, lime juice, lime zest, vanilla, agave, coconut extract and salt.
- Divide batter in half – put one half in a bowl and keep the other half in blender. Add raspberries to the mixture still in blender and blend until smooth.
- Pour raspberry filling on top of crust. Freeze for 1 hour.
- Pour remaining coconut lime filling over the top and smooth with a spatula. Freeze 4 hours or overnight.
- Let sit outside of freezer for 10-15 min before cutting.
Store these in an airtight container in the freezer – if left at room temp for too long, they will melt.