These single serving french toast bakes are the perfect breakfast in bed for your Valentine.
- 1 loaf Canyon Gluten Free Cinnamon Raisin Bread
- 2 very ripe bananas
- 1 ¼ cup almond milk
- 1/2 cup coconut cream
- 2 flax eggs (2 tbsp flax meal soaked in 6 tbsp room temp water for 10 min)
- 3 tbsp maple syrup
- 3 tbsp coconut sugar
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tbsp vanilla extract
- Pinch salt
- 1/3 cup chopped pecans
- 1 1/2 cups chopped strawberries and raspberries
Cinnamon Pecan Topping:
- 4 tsp finely chopped pecans
- 3/4 tsp coconut oil
- 1/2 tsp coconut sugar
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- Make 2 flax eggs by combining mixing flax meal and water. Let sit to thicken for 10 minutes.
- Roughly slice 16 pieces of bread into 1 inch pieces and set aside.
- In a blender, combine bananas, almond milk, coconut cream, maple syrup, coconut sugar, cinnamon, vanilla and salt. Blend well. Pour mix into a large mixing bowl and whisk in flax eggs. Add bread to bowl and gently stir to evenly coat.
- Gently stir in sliced fruit and pecans. Portion mixture into individual ramekins, cover, and let soak 20-25 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 350 F. Make cinnamon pecan topping by melting coconut oil and whisking with other ingredients until well incorporated.
- Top french toast with a few fresh berries and bake for 17-20 mins, or until top is golden brown. About 3 minutes before french toast is finished baking, remove from oven and sprinkle with cinnamon pecan topping. Return to oven for 3 minutes.
- Remove from oven, let cool slightly and serve with maple syrup and fresh berries.