Everything you love about classic french toast, sans the gluten and dairy!
- 10 slices bread of choice (we used gluten free)
- 2 cups full fat coconut milk
- 2 tbsp ground chia seeds
- 1 tbsp vanilla extract
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 4 tbsp maple syrup
- Pinch sea salt
- Arrange 10 slices of Canyon Gluten Free Mountain White Bread on a cooling rack and let dry out overnight. (This produces best results, though if you don't have time, you can skip this step.)
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together coconut milk, ground chia, vanilla, cinnamon, maple syrup and sea salt.
- Heat large pan to medium.
- Soak each slice of bread for about 40 seconds on each side.
- Lightly grease pan with coconut oil or butter and cook one to two slices at a time until golden brown and slightly crispy on each side (approx. 3-4 mins on each side).
- Serve with sliced bananas, berries, chopped nuts, and a drizzle of maple syrup. Enjoy!
- Category: Breakfast
- Method: Stovetop