This rich, moist bundt cake makes a beautiful addition to your holiday dessert table.
- 2 flax eggs (1 tbsp flax meal + 2.5 tbsp water for each egg)
- 1/2 cup + 2 tbsp softened coconut oil
- 1 tbsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup + 2 tbsp maple syrup
- 1 cup cane sugar
- 2 tbsp molasses
- 1 1/4 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 2 cups gluten free all purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/3 cup cocoa powder
- 1/3 cup melted dark chocolate
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp ground nutmeg
- 1 tbsp ground ginger
- 1/4 tsp allspice
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- Preheat oven to 350 F and coat bundt pan with nonstick spray.
- Make flax eggs by stirring together flax meal and water. Let sit for 10-15 minutes to thicken.
- In a stand mixer or large bowl, beat together flax eggs, softened coconut lil, vanilla, maple, sugar, molasses and applesauce.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together remaining dry ingredients except pecans.
- Continue beating wet mixture, and slowly incorporate dry mixture until well incorporated. Fold in pecans.
- Pour batter into bundt cake pan and bake for 60-70 minutes, though we suggest starting to test for doneness at 50 minutes as the baking time differs depending on the exact size of the bundt pan you're using.
The bundt pan we used is quite large, so it took nearly 75 minutes to bake. If you're using a smaller pan, we suggest starting to check for doneness around 50 minutes!
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Oven