This is the perfect make-ahead lunch – if you’d prefer something a bit more substantial, sandwich the filling between bread spread with mashed avocado!
- 1 cup raw cashews, soaked for 1 hour in hot water or 2–4 in room temp water
- 1 tsp miso
- 1/4 cup filtered water
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 1/2 tsp dijon mustard
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 16. oz can chickpeas, strained
- 1/3 cup diced cucumber
- 1/2 cup shredded carrot
- 1/3 cup diced celery
- 2 tbsp sunflower seeds (optional)
- 1 1/2 tbsp chives
- 2 tbsp green onion
- 2 tbsp spinach (chiffonade)
- 2 ripe avocados
- Soak cashews for 1 hour in hot water or 2-4 hours in room temp water. Drain and rinse cashews.
- Add cashews, miso, water, lemon juice, ACV, mustard, garlic powder, salt and pepper to blender. Blend until starts to form a smooth paste.
- Slowly stream in olive oil and continue blending until smooth. Taste and adjust spices as needed.
- Dice cucumbers, celery, chives, green onion and spinach. Add to bowl with shredded carrot, chickpeas and sunflower seeds. Add about 1/2 cup of sauce to bowl and coat evenly with spatula. Add more sauce if desired or save the rest as a dipping sauce for vegetables.
- Serve in 1/2 of a ripe avocado. (Optional) Garnish with pickled red onion, herbs and crunchy roasted chickpeas. Enjoy!