Whether it's this Chai Spiced Coffee Ice Cream, or another favorite flavor, if we're not using the ice cream machine at least once a week in our house this summer, something is wrong.
This post is sponsored by Bhakti. All opinions are our own.
We churn out ice cream like it's nobody's business. We actually discussed purchasing another freezer for our homemade ice cream, frozen fruit, and loaves of Canyon GF bread.
This week's flavor is a keeper: Chai Spiced Cold Brew Coffee Ice Cream made with coconut milk & cashews! The texture is super silky and decadent (photo evidence below). And there's just the right amount of both chai & coffee flavor in this vegan dessert. We used Bhakti Iced Chai Cold Brew Coffee as about half of the liquid base. The cold brew is perfectly delicious straight from the bottle, but we just couldn't resist turning into dessert. Churned with full-fat coconut milk and raw cashews, the coffee pairs well with warming chai spice.
If you're not familiar with Bhakti products, they make a fantastic range of chai products, including iced drinks, artisan tea, and even chai concentrate. Just as a refresher, chai spices typically include cardamom, cinnamon, ginger & peppercorns, but other spices such as fennel, anise, cloves and coriander are also often used. We're loving Bhakti's Cold Brew Chai (can't get enough coffee), which is made with fresh pressed ginger chai, cold brew coffee & creamy cashew milk. Yum!
As you can see from the photos, we added dark chocolate chunks to the ice cream. Gotta love a bit of texture, right? AND as if that weren't enough, we also drizzled it with homemade dark chocolate magic shell. And finally, we topped off these vegan sundaes with a few extra cashews and coconut flakes.
If you want an excuse to eat ice cream at any hour of the day, this recipe is for you. We best enjoyed a scoop (or two) after an early lunch for a nice afternoon pick-me-up! And while you have the ice cream maker out, why not try this equally creamy Blueberry Lemon Lavender Ice Cream?Print
- 1 (13.5 oz) can full fat coconut milk
- 12 oz (1 bottle) Bhakti Iced Chai Cold Brew Coffee Drink
- ¼ cup coconut sugar
- ¾ cup raw cashews
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- ⅛ tsp sea salt
- ¾ cup mini vegan chocolate chips or chocolate chunks
- Homemade dark chocolate magic shell*
- Blend all ingredients (except chocolate chips) thoroughly in high speed blender. May need to go through blend cycle twice to make sure there are no cashew pieces.
- Pour into cooled ice cream maker. Add chocolate chips when machine indicates to do so. Store in airtight container in freezer for up to 3 weeks.
- *To make homemade dark chocolate magic shell, simply melt 1 cup dark chocolate chips with a tbsp or so of coconut oil. Whisk to combine. Pour over ice cream and wait about 30 seconds for it to harden. Enjoy!
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Freezer