This healthy plant-based cauliflower fried rice is a fast and easy weeknight dinner. It's also perfect for a vegetable-packed lunch meal prep.
- 2 tbsp neutral oil, divided
- 2 carrots, diced
- 1 yellow pepper, diced
- 1 small onion, diced
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tbsp fresh ginger, minced
- 1 14 oz container extra firm tofu, dried and pressed if you have time
- 1 cauliflower head, riced, or 1 bag of cauliflower rice
- 4 tbsp low-sodium soy sauce or tamari
- 1 tsp kosher salt, or to taste
- 1 tsp chili garlic sauce or sriracha, plus more to taste
- Sesame oil to taste, optional
- 3 scallions, sliced thinly
- Sesame seeds, for garnish, optional
- Heat 1 tbsp canola oil over medium-high heat in a large skillet or wok. When the oil is hot, add the carrots, yellow pepper and onion. Cook, tossing frequently, until softened. Remove the veggies to a bowl.
- Heat the remaining 1 tbsp canola oil in the now empty skillet over medium-high heat. Crumble the tofu into the skillet and cook until it crisps up. Remove the tofu to the bowl with the veggies.
- Add the garlic and ginger to the skillet and cook, stirring, until fragrant, about 1 minute. Add the cauliflower rice, increase heat to high, and cook until soft but not mushy.
- Add the vegetables, tofu, soy sauce, salt and chili garlic sauce/sriracha to the skillet and toss everything to combine well. Taste and adjust seasoning with more spice and salt.
- Top with sliced scallions, drizzle with sesame oil, and sprinkle with sesame seeds.
- Category: Dinner
- Method: Stovetop
Keywords: cauliflower fried rice