Breakfast, snack, healthy dessert; these muffins are perfect for any time of day.
- 3/4 cup almond milk
- 2 tsp apple cider vinegar
- 2 flax eggs (1 tbsp flax meal to 2.5 tbsp water for each egg)
- 3/4 cup coconut oil
- 3/4 cup applesauce
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 2 tbsp orange juice
- 2 tsp orange zest
- 2 tbsp vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup coconut sugar
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 1/2 cups oat flour
- 1 1/2 cups gluten free all purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp xanthan gum
- 2 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp ground ginger
- 1/4 tsp ground nutmeg
- 4 tbsp hemp seeds
- 3/4 cup chopped pecans
- 3/4 cup peeled, finely diced apples
- 1 cup fresh cranberries
- 1/2 cup grated carrot
Cranberry Glaze (optional):
- 1 1/2 cups powdered sugar
- 3–5 tbsp cranberry juice
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350 F and line muffin tin with paper or silicon liners.
- To make flax eggs, stir together flax meal and water and let sit to thicken for 10-15 minutes.
- Whisk together almond milk and apple cider vinegar and let sit for 5 minutes.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together all dry ingredients: oat flour, GF flour, baking soda, salt, xanthan gum, cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg and hemp seeds.
- In a separate mixing bowl, use a hand mixer to blend coconut oil, applesauce, maple syrup, orange juice and zest, coconut sugar and regular sugar. Add in flax eggs and almond milk and continue mixing.
- Slowly add dry ingredients until a smooth batter forms. Fold in pecans, apples, cranberries and grated carrot.
- Use a cookie scoop to easily portion mixture into muffin tins. Bake for 25-30 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Whisk together all ingredients, starting with 3 tbsp cranberry juice, and add more juice if needed to reach desired consistency. The thicker, the better! Spoon over cooled muffins and let set.
Keywords: quick and easy, on the go