This summery take on bread pudding is the perfect brunch for a big crowd – all you have to do is throw everything into a pan and wait for your guests to wake up to the smell of toasty bread! We used blueberries, blackberries, and a ripe nectarine to up the sweetness (naturally), crushed hazelnuts for a bit of crunch, and tart dried cherries for a little punch.
The best ingredient of all? Bourbon! A touch of bourbon really brings together all of the flavors and pairs well with summery fruits. For ideal flavor distribution, we layered the soaked bread and nuts twice, so every single bite tastes equally delicious. (Nobody wants a lone piece of bread!)
Canyon Gluten Free Hawaiian Bread works perfectly for this recipe – it’s slightly sweet and holds up well when soaked in liquid, so the end result is tender and flavorful, but not mushy. For a more traditional bread pudding recipe, we like to use their gluten free Cinnamon Raisin Bread and omit the fresh fruit. Happy Summer brunching!Print
Fresh nectarines, blueberries and blackberries give this gluten free bread pudding a fresh summer taste.
- 1 loaf Canyon Gluten Free Hawaiian Sweet Bread
- 1 13.5 oz can full fat coconut milk
- 1/2 cup coconut sugar
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 tbsp bourbon
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- Pinch sea salt
- 1/3 cup chopped hazelnuts, divided
- 1 cup blueberries, divided
- 1/2 cup blackberries, divided
- 1 nectarine, diced
- 1/2 cup dried cherries
- Slice bread into small cubes. Place in large mixing bowl.
- In a medium mixing bowl, whisk together coconut milk, vanilla, bourbon, cinnamon and sea salt. Pour over bread and stir with spatula until evenly coated. Let soak in fridge for 30 mins.
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- In a skillet or baking pan, spread an even layer of half of bread mixture. Sprinkle with half of hazelnuts, blueberries, nectarine, blackberries and cherries. Spread remaining bread mixture and finish with remaining fruit and nuts.
- Bake for 35 minutes, or until golden brown. Let cool for 5-10 minutes before serving with maple syrup and more fresh berries. Enjoy!