This summery take on bread pudding with blueberries and nectarines is the perfect brunch for a crowd and so simple. Simply throw everything into a pan and wait for your guests to wake up to the smell of toasty bread! We use blueberries, blackberries, and a ripe nectarine for natural sweetness. Then we add crushed hazelnuts for a bit of crunch and tart dried cherries for a little punch. The result is a comforting but tangy summer bread pudding that's delicious for brunch or dessert.
This post is sponsored by Canyon Bakehouse. All opinions are our own.
The best ingredient of all? Bourbon! A touch of bourbon really brings together all of the flavors and pairs well with summery fruits. For ideal flavor distribution, we layered the soaked bread and nuts twice, so every single bite tastes equally delicious. (Nobody wants a lone piece of bread!)
Canyon Gluten Free Hawaiian Bread works perfectly for this blueberry nectarine bread pudding. It's slightly sweet and holds up well when soaked in liquid. The result is tender and flavorful, but not mushy.
For a more traditional bread pudding recipe, we like their gluten free Cinnamon Raisin Bread. In that case, we omit the fresh fruit. And if you do go that route but don't want to miss the fruity punch, you can always add this Rhubarb Vanilla Chia Compote. Happy Summer brunching!Print
Fresh nectarines, blueberries and blackberries give this gluten free bread pudding a fresh summer taste.
- 1 loaf Canyon Gluten Free Hawaiian Sweet Bread
- 1 13.5 oz can full fat coconut milk
- 1/2 cup coconut sugar
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 tbsp bourbon
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- Pinch sea salt
- 1/3 cup chopped hazelnuts, divided
- 1 cup blueberries, divided
- 1/2 cup blackberries, divided
- 1 nectarine, diced
- 1/2 cup dried cherries
- Slice bread into small cubes. Place in large mixing bowl.
- In a medium mixing bowl, whisk together coconut milk, vanilla, bourbon, cinnamon and sea salt. Pour over bread and stir with spatula until evenly coated. Let soak in fridge for 30 mins.
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- In a skillet or baking pan, spread an even layer of half of bread mixture. Sprinkle with half of hazelnuts, blueberries, nectarine, blackberries and cherries. Spread remaining bread mixture and finish with remaining fruit and nuts.
- Bake for 35 minutes, or until golden brown. Let cool for 5-10 minutes before serving with maple syrup and more fresh berries. Enjoy!