It’s been a while since we’ve made a vegan cheesecake – we forgot how delicious (albeit time-consuming) they are! This one features a creamy beet/berry flavored cashew filling, a cashew pecan coconut crust, and a rich, silky chocolate açai ganache.
We partnered with Bare Organics to use three of their organic superfood powders for this berry cheesecake and chocolate açai ganache. This recipe featuresaçai powder, beet root powder, and one we hadn’t tried before: coconut milk powder! We loved working with the coconut milk powder. It actually made this recipe a bit easier as we didn’t need fresh coconut milk. You can easily make the powder into coconut milk or cream by changing the ratio of powder to water. We also found that the powder makes a great coffee creamer!
Although the ingredient list may look a bit intimidating, it’s well worth the effort, especially if you are making this for a friend or family member that doesn’t eat dairy. They’ll definitely appreciate it!
Note: you can also easily make this recipe into bars by using a rectangular baking pan lined with parchment paper. Simply let the cheesecake thaw for 5-10 minutes before slicing into desired bar size. Then transfer your cheesecake bars to a freezer-safe container. You may want to separate each bar with parchment paper so they don’t stick together.Print
This vegan cheesecake has a nut/date crust, a berry beet cashew filling and a delicious chocolate açai ganache topping!
- 1/2 cup raw cashews
- 1/2 cup raw pecans
- 1/4 cup coconut flakes
- 3 tbsp mulberries
- 1 1/2 tbsp cacao nibs
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 2 dates soaked in water for 10–15 min.
- 1 tsp melted coconut oil
Berry Beet Cheesecake Filling:
- 1 cup raw cashews, soaked 2 hours in water
- 1 cup raw macadamia nuts, soaked for 2 hours
- 4 tbsp agave
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 4 tsp Bare Organics Beet Root Powder
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup frozen raspberries, softened at room temp for 10–15 min.
- 1/2 cup frozen tart cherries, softened at room temp for 10–15 min
- 3/4 cup Bare Organics Coconut Milk Powder
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/3 cup melted coconut oil
Chocolate Açai Ganache:
- Remove pits from dates and soak in room temp water for 10-15 minutes to soften.
- Add all the ingredients except for the coconut oil to a food processor and pulse until the mixture starts to come together. Add melted coconut oil and pulse a few more times until crust mixture comes together. Press firmly into the bottom of a 9 inch tart pan.
- Whisk together coconut milk powder and water until smooth.
- Add nuts, agave, lemon juice, Beetroot powder, vanilla, cinnamon, salt, and coconut powder mixture to blender. Blend until smooth and creamy.
- Add in raspberries and cherries and blend until smooth.
- On a low speed, slowly blend in the coconut oil until well incorporated. Pour mixture over crust and place in freezer for a minimum of 4 hours or overnight.
- Whisk melted coconut, cacao powder, sweetener, cashew butter, vanilla, acai powder, cinnamon, and salt together in a bowl until smooth.
- In a separate bowl, combine coconut milk powder and water and whisk until smooth. Add this to the chocolate mixture and whisk until smooth and creamy.
- Pour over cheesecake and top with fresh fruit.
You can also easily make this recipe into bars by using a rectangular baking pan lined with parchment paper. Simply let thaw for 5-10 minutes before slicing into desired bar size, then transfer to freezer-safe container and separate each bar with parchment paper so they don’t stick together.