Balsamic roasted strawberries take this savory/sweet toast to the next level!
- 4 slices Canyon Gluten Free Bakehouse Hawaiian Sweet Bread
- 1 lb. fresh strawberries
- 1 tsp demerara sugar
- 1 tbsp high quality balsamic vinegar or balsamic reduction
- 1/2 cup vegan ricotta (or regular)
- 2 tbsp fresh mint chiffonade
- Honey or agave for drizzling
- Preheat oven to 300 F.
- Wash and slice strawberries into thin rounds. Spread evenly on a parchment paper lined sheet pan. Drizzle with sugar and balsamic vinegar. Stir lightly to ensure even coating.
- Roast for 20-25 minutes, or until very tender (be careful to check they haven't burned).
- Meanwhile, toast bread to desired crispiness.
- Chiffonade mint. Top bread with ricotta, strawberries, mint and a drizzle of honey or agave. Enjoy!
- Category: Breakfast
- Method: Oven